Founded in 1949 by a group of Boy Scouts, the Koshare Museum is one of the most unique collections in the world. In the setting of the museum’s collection, explore an inspirational story of the youth whose daring efforts left behind a significant cultural institution filled with priceless arts and artifacts in rural Southeast Colorado. At the end of each tour, visitors unearth the reasons why this renown collection of Native American and Western arts and artifacts has been featured in countless news articles, magazines, and broadcasts.
Plan Your Visit
Marvel at the world’s finest collections amassed through the efforts of a youth group as you explore the Native American and Western collection.
While you are here…
- Take in our permanent collection.
- See a Koshare performance.
- Shop Native American made jewelry, pottery, and other craftwork in the Koshare Trading Post.
- Learn about the inspirational history of the youth group responsible for the museum and collection.
- Enjoy the atmosphere of the Koshare Round Room and sit below the world’s largest self-supported log ceiling.
- Study original works of art created by the six Taos Art Colony Founders located in our Taos Founders Room.
- Purchase a membership and receive FREE admission and great discounts in the Koshare Trading Post.
We look forward to your visit!